Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On the way to Dallas....

Headed to Dallas for a short-notice hearing in my Harris case.

Trained this morning briefly, trying to make myself available as much as possible to Shama, our female purple, as she preps for Pan Ams. She's fighting at 115lbs and I'm the closest to her size and strength at the academy (though I'm fatter, and she's stronger!) I rolled with her a while and of course got my butt handed to me. In fact everyone at class this morning was a purple, and everyone handed me my butt except Travis-- and that's because he's the only one I didn't roll with at all. Kevin utterly smashed me, crushed the breath out of me, leg swept me, and nearly brought me to tears-- but it was good. Every once in a while I need someone to get really mean with me because I need to be emotionally resilient too, especially when I'm physically not capable of anything beyond defense and survival. I will never whimper (like I did in that one match at Atama against Laura!) again! If I can help it! lol...

I should be back from the hearing in time for class tonight.

No comments: