Monday, September 21, 2009

What a day...

First, and most importantly, a dear, dear friend's wife died over the weekend. I am desolate... they had a loving, charming, tender and affectionate marriage for many years and I know the next weeks and months will be so hard on him.

Then, Kyra Gracie announces she's not going to do Abu Dhabi this year due to a lumbar injury... *sigh*

And last, dammit... got my elbow popped pretty good in open mat. I know, I know, it's my own damn fault for rolling with the same charming fellow that gave me a header into the wall couple days/weeks back. But, but, but... there weren't many people there to roll with (um, 2 others, both much bigger)... but we started from knees to be safer... but I even asked him to go slow, gentle, and so on.

And he did, on the first americana in my half guard. (I'm playing around with deep half guard so I lacked better depth on my underhook and he got it out and down.) But the second one (same thing, so at least I'm seeing a hole as needs fixin') he went for fairly quickly and I didn't have time to tap. We both heard the pop and he was awfully apologetic. I've iced it and it's feeling ok.

At least I had a lovely lunch with an old friend- yum, sushi!

But still, what a day.

1 comment:

About Me said...

Sounds like you had a bad day! After reading your comments I decided to delete the sexy girl video from my blog. The last thing I want to do is alienate my BJJ sisters! Take care and keep training. Darren