Monday, December 06, 2010

BJJ Gifts... part 2....

Continuing, as promised, with goodies for grapplies...

6. A custom-embroidered gi or belt. This is a no-brainer (though you have to hurry if you want any chance of putting it under the tree.) Go check out the beauties that are possible at Black Eagle, and use the code geobjj2010 when you check out, for 10% off your whole order including shipping. Pretty sweet deal!

My Black Eagle is one of my favorite gis (hence them sponsoring me) and now they offer in-between sizes like 2.5 and 3.5. You can't go wrong with a Black Eagle.



7. More funky clothing...

The broken arm.


Ippwned. For you judoka :)


For moms (especially tournament moms!)


SubMISSion has some cool shirts that honor your ethnic origin, and with the code JINGLESALE41  you get $6 off shirts and free shipping on orders over $35.  Here, for example, the Brazil one. But they have a bunch-- USA, Thailand, the Philippines, France, Australia, Italy, Ireland and so on...They're available in long sleeves, short sleeves, and all different cuts, men's and women's.

 


8. If they have little ones: a baby onesie.

9.  Instructionals are always good picks.  For books, my essential library (aside from the Guard series I mentioned yesterday) includes Jiu Jitsu University by Saulo Ribeiro and X Guard by Marcelo Garcia.  For DVDs, Blue Belt Requirements by Roy Dean and Science of Jiu Jitsu by Demian Maia top my list.



But I will be reviewing the Gracie Bullyproof series for you parents, and let me tell you right now, it's an awesome series.  (11 DVDs! so it takes a while to watch it all and digest it.)

10.  Cool semi-unrelated books.

The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle: observations from brain research, behavioral research, and real-world training.  Makes our obsession seem rational :)

The Paleo Diet for Athletes -- haven't read it but I hear good things about it.  Not that I'm considering going on this diet, as I love baked goods far too much!

Dynamic Stretching: The Revolutionary New Warmup Method -- great book, you'll never do static stretches (especially before tournament matches!) again.


More to come, more for under the tree.  Enjoy :)

No comments: