Tuesday, August 16, 2011

1,840

Great article on the Washington Post today about the humble burpee (aka squat thrust.) They have a video, too, showing proper form (and I learned that I cheat routinely.) When I go out of town for hearings, I usually try to knock out burpees in my hotel room in lieu of bringing workout clothes and exploring some dinky hotel gym. I will probably be doing burpees on this cruise coming up.

So what's 1,840 mean?

It's the Guinness World Record for most burpees performed in an hour, by Paddy Doyle in the United Kingdom on February 4, 1994.

I am deeply proud that it was an Irishman who attained this feat.

Also please note: today's deal at BJJHQ.com is the Tatami Zero G gi, in either male or female sizing. They're a competitor company "against" my sponsor Black Eagle, but see, I'm fair, I'm even-handed! And at only $100, that's a screaming good deal for a womens' fit gi. A2 and F2, F3 are sold out, so hurry if you're an F1, A1, or A3 and above..

3 comments:

A.D. McClish said...

Holy crap! I would pass out before I came anywhere respectably near that record! lol Have safe travels!

A.D. McClish said...

Oh...I guess you didn't say you were traveling soon. But still safe travels driving around your home town! lol

Georgette said...

No worries! I am in fact leaving on Saturday morning to spend a week with my inlaws and hubby on a cruise. Whee. :)