Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Farmhouse delivery

Just signed up for twice-a-month delivery of fresh organic produce from local farms through Farmhouse Delivery.  I'm looking forward to being forced out of my culinary ruts.  I decided twice a month instead of once a week, because the bushels sometimes look kind of big and I wasn't sure my husband and I would always eat a full bushel in a week, so we'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Check out their immense and beautifully-photographed blog of recipes for all these fruits and veggies!

Check out the bushel for August 20th!


And this was May 28th!


If you live in Austin or Houston, this could be on your front porch!  Twice a month is $39 each bushel; once a week is $37 per bushel.

3 comments:

leslie said...

I like how they do those pictures.

My brother and I are sharing a farm share delivery (I think a half bushel?), and we don't always make it through the whole thing in a week. We did the first few weeks (lots of salad), but now we've gotten behind and are still eating last week's produce this week. Meh. So the 2-week thing sounds like a great idea.

Jodi said...

OMG! That is such a great idea, and reasonable priced. Thanks for the info. I will definitely have to try them.

Anonymous said...

Wow...that looks super delicious...I'll definitely sign up for that bushel... ;)